For those short on time or who simply do not want to trek to Machu Picchu these 2 day train packages are the perfect option for you! Email us for full details on all return train times, prices and upgrade options like private rooms etc.
If you do not have time to do the Inca trail, we will cater for four days or any other similar hiking tours to Machu Picchu that you may wish to customize. It doesn’t matter if you either lack of time or are on a tight budget, this would be the best option if you are still interested in exploring the Andes and the luscious green landscape around Aguas Calientes. By choosing this package, you will be in no rush, and have plenty of time to visit the hot springs in the village of Aguas Calientes.
Take the opportunity to explore Putucusi Mountain where few people can go for 1 hour to climb from the village, or instead you can go to Mandor flowers garden and the amazing waterfall there. But most important of all, you will be able to get the ticket for Huayna Picchu Mountain or simply just have relaxing time in one of the new seven wonders of the world – Machu Picchu! Remember, this might be just once in a lifetime experience, so you deserve to enjoy it!
Our amazing tour guides will lead you throughout the ancient city, wonder by wonder – special for your own private group! You will learn about ceremonies, how people lived, and how they connected with the Pacha Mama – or “Mother Earth”. Our local guide will give you inside information passed down so that you will get the real story of what happened here.
Cusco/Sacred Valley train station – Aguas Calientes
Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco/Sacred Valley
Day1: You will be picked up from the Peru Travel Club office (departure time will be confirmed in the briefing the evening before departure) and brought to Ollantaytambo by bus where you will have about 1hour to explore the town before catching your train to Aguas Calientes. There will be somebody to pick you up in the train station and bring you to the hostel where you will meet your guide who will brief you about your Machu Picchu tour for the following day.
Day2: In the morning you will start your 1 hour ascent to Machu Picchu on foot or *by bus (*optional) to meet your guide at the entrance of Machu Picchu followed by a two and a half hour guided tour of the citadel. When the guided tour is finished you will have the rest of the day to explore Machu Picchu by yourself, if you have purchased a pass for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain you will have the opportunity to climb one of these mountains. When you return to Aguas Calientes (20 minutes by bus, about 1hr 45 minutes on foot) you will have to be at the train station 30 minutes before your return train departs.
Prices Machupicchu 2 Days 2016
|Private Service – Standard Tour|
| MINIMUM PEOPLE REQUIRED 2: |
Machu Picchu Overnight tour with Hotel *** $395.00
If you have one other especific please let us know.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Briefing with our operation manager the evening before departure of your tour
- Backpacker packed lunch
- Shared transport Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Train Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Briefing with your MP guide in the hostel
- Overnight in hostel dorm style (4-6 and 8 beds)
- Lockers in hostel (bring your own lock)
- Hot showers available (limited hot water!)
- Breakfast lunch box: cafe or tea – sandwich veggie option available
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Guided tour (2.5 hours) of Machu Picchu in English or Spanish with maximum 15 people per group
- Train Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Shared transport Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- All other meals
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu US$10
- Entrance fee Huayna Picchu mountain US$10 w/ ISIC US$5
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu mountain US$6 w/ ISIC US$3
- Bus Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes US$10