The day trip to Vinicunca The Rainbow Mountain will satisfy the most demanding and will get unforgettable memories as sumptuous panoramas of high mountain, formidable glaciers and crystalline rivers, peaceful pastoral scenes of the herds of spangled and alpacas kept on by Andeans with multi-coloured clothing This new route, apart from the beaten paths, is a true adventure through a nature preserved and wild, where the only meetings which you will make will be VINICUNCA THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN, the colorful mountains or PUCAPUNTA the red mountain and small communities of Quechua-speaking Inca descendants that exploit the vast wide ones of Altiplano. The route achieves a circuit of scale, passing by collars located between 4300 and 5100 meters on the VINICUNCA RAINBOW MOUNTAIN, then turn over to the small hamlet of CHILLCA, starting point of the circuit.
Duration: 1 Days
Group Size: Max 12 people
Private Group: 1 to +
Rainbow Mountain Trek Summary
- Departing time from Cuzco: at 3:00 am
- Hike distance: 15 km/9 ¼ miles “total”
- Starting Point of the hike: Quesiuno 4,326 m/14,189 ft.
- Rainbow Summit: 5,020 m / 16,466 ft. “Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain Trek”
- Hike difficulty: Challenging!
- You will be picked up from your accommodation at around 3.00 am and start making your way first to Arco (on the route to Puno) eventually getting to the Checacupe district (2 hour journey). Then we will continue to Pitumarca and a number of small villages till we reach the community of Hanchipata-Quesuno (another 1.5 hours). From here we start our hike.
- We will be able to enjoy the view of numerous mountains around as well as of the Ausangate glacier, and we will be able to witness up close the local wildlife and camelids in their natural environment.
- The trek lasts for about 3 hours until we get to the stunning landscape of Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountains). Here we will have about one hour to relax and take amazing pictures of this natural wonder. We then hike back to the starting point of the trek, and from there return to Cusco (arriving at approximately 19.00).
Prices Rainbow Mountain 2016
|PAX||Price (per person)|
|2-3 people||$ 130|
|4-5 people||$ 110|
|6 + people||$ 90|
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Transfers from /to: hotel in Cusco
- Profesional tour guide
- Meals: breakfast, lunch &snacks
- Private tranportation
- Extra Horses per person
- Dinning tent
- cooking tent
- first aid kid (including a small oxigen tank)
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING?
- Long sleeved shirts
- Walking pants
- Polar or thermal clothing
- sweater and Warm jacket
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof pants and jacket
- Wool gloves
- Hat or cap for the sun